Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And the President is...

Would my vote have counted anyway? I've always asked myself that when thinking about the 2008 Presidental elections. Unfortunately I was 16 years old so I couldn't vote. The school I was going to at the time of course had a silly little vote in class, so we could see the outcome of the school's favored president.
OF COURSE... It was Barack Obama.
I was not surprised at all, I was probably the only one who voted otherwise.
I was super irritated when they put posters on the wall of Barack Obama with little catchy phrases like "Barack & Roll!"
Not that I have anything against Obama, I just favored a different President like people favor a kind of food over the other.
Thinking about the elections right now, I know that my vote would've counted... Maybe not in a huge way to the result of the poll, but to myself, voting would make me feel important because I would be standing up for what I believe in and that is the most rewarding feeling.
When it comes to Barack Obama's beliefs, some of them I think are really cool, I like some of the things he wants to do for our country, but his other beliefs I cannot and will not stand for. The bad about him as a president overrides the good part of him. That is just my opinion. :/

1 comment: